Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC)
The Telecom Sector Skill Council is committed to develop world class skilled manpower for the Telecom industry. Telecom Sector Skill Council, a non-profit industry driven body set up under the aegis of the NSDC would strive to :
- Create a viable ecosystem by implementing an "integrated approach" by prioritizing initiatives that can have a catalytic effect to develop competency based framework of world class excellence for skill development and quality assurance of personnel in the Telecom sector.
- Narrow the existing gap between demand and supply of skills by increased collaboration between the three primary stakeholders i.e. HR, Industry and academia.
- Up-skill and certify 45 Lacs personnel in 150 trades, train 24,000 trainers and to cover the whole country progressively over a period of 10 years by signing MOUs with around 200 industries.
- Facilitate Training the Trainer.
- Develop necessary frameworks for standards, curriculum and quality assurance at all levels in vocational / technical programs to meet the needs of the industry.
- Participate in regional and international vocational telecom sector development initiatives. www.tsscindia.com
TSSC is managed by a Governing Body consisting of 17 members, comprising 3 members each from leading Telecom Service Providers & Handset Segment, 2 members from leading players in Network & Managed Services Segment and one member each from Telecom Passive Infra Segment, COAI, ICA, TCOE, NSDC, TAIPA, AUSPI, Government, Academia, and TSSC(CEO).
Job Roles and Eligibility Criteria :
- Customer Care Executive (Relationship Centre): Should be a 10+2 or equivalent or Graduate in any stream
- Field Sales Executive (FSE): Should be a 10+2 or equivalent or Graduate in any stream
TSSC Course Duration:
The duration is for about 60 days including breaks.
All candidates will have to appear for assessment exams conducted by TSSC appointed agencies. Candidates will receive certificate after successful completion of the exam.
Backed by the sustained effort by the Government and regulator, the Telecom industry in India is one of the fastest growing industries of the country. In the last few years, it has seen an exponential growth with the mobile subscriber base alone crossing 900 million, second only to China and contributing 3% to the country's GDP. With Government of India targeting 100% tele-density by the year 2020 and allowing 100% FDI, this sector can only see growth in the near future which will lead to a massive requirement for trained manpower to serve the industry.
Customer Care Executive - Relationship Centre
The 'Customer Care Executive (Relationship Centre)' program under the Telecom domain trains a student for an in-store customer care executives role. Under this program students would be provided training on how to resolve walk-in customer's queries, requests and complaints and proactively recommend/sell company's products and services. Tailored to the specific requirements of the job profile, special care is taken towards developing good communication skills with a clear diction besides being giving training on negotiation, conflict management skills, etc. After successfully completing the program students will be eligible to apply for jobs like Customer Service Representative, Showroom Executive, Customer Relationship Officer, Store Executive, etc.
The training program covers:
- Shop/Showroom/Outlet and self-management
- Selling, up-selling and cross-selling
- Service desk and customer management
- Monitoring and analyzing self-performance
Age: Minimum 18 years
Qualification: Class XII (10+2) pass / Graduate in any stream
Duration: 2 month
Field Sales Executive
The 'Field Sales Executive' program under the Telecom domain prepares a student for job roles like increasing distribution of mobile connections by increasing the customer base, interacting with customers and helping them to get enrolled for the connection, regulator process compliance etc. Provided training on negotiation, selling skills and the basics of the telecom industry, they closely work with the distributors, helping them achieve revenue targets for the organization.
The training program covers:
- Pre-sales preparation
- Increase customer base and revenue
- Increase distribution width
- Process compliance