NGOs, Industry, Government authorized centres, Common Services Centres (CSCs) and authorized educational institutions with appropriate infrastructure will be utilised to train and empower 52.5 lakh citizens on IT literacy in Gram Panchayat/ Blocks/ Districts of each State/ UT. The training will be held at various training locations including CSCs, Adult Literacy Centres, NIELIT Centres, RSETI, NGOs involved in IT Literacy, etc.
A detailed implementation plan is as below:
- The Scheme has been declared open for all VLEs across all districts and blocks of India.
- All CSCs can now register and train candidates from any Block/ District of the country as per the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Eligible person to be enrolled in the nearest NDLM Training Centre using their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number
- Unique Username and Password to be provided to the beneficiary
- Learners to study the self learning e-modules through the LMS
- Continuous assessment at the end of each module
- Attendance on a daily-basis using Aadhaar number
- On fulfilling the minimum number of learning hours and successful completion of assessment, the learners will be eligible to appear for Real time examintaion process in collaboration with NIELIT
- Certificates will be issued to successful candidates.
Monitoring of the Scheme
District level Committee
District e-Governance Society under the Chairmanship of District Magistrate/ Collector with concerned Department. & representative of NGO / implementing agency to oversee / monitor the implementation at the block level.
At State Government level
Apex Committee headed by the Principal Secretary (IT) with representative of Department of Education, Panchayati Raj & Social Welfare.
At Central Government Level
An Empowered Committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of Secretary, DeitY. This committee will be empowered to take decisions regarding any policy level interventions in the Scheme.
Periodic concurrent evaluation of the Scheme implementation would be done through a third party by the Implementing Agency.